WHL Suits Up to Promote Organ Donation Presented by RE/MAX
The highly anticipated WHL themed game nights start January 17, 2020 in Edmonton! Find event details and marketing materials here!
During the 2019-2020 WHL hockey season, RE/MAX of Western Canada has partnered with the WHL and The Kidney Foundation of Canada to host 17 themed game nights – one per WHL team. At these games, players wear jerseys inspired by Hockey Night In Canada. The game-played jerseys will be auctioned off after the game, with proceeds donated to the Kidney Foundation.
Over $460,000 in proceeds were raised for The Kidney Foundation of Canada over the 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 WHL hockey seasons. Please help us make this season the most successful yet!
Find your themed game night dates and details below! Click on the team logo below for more information and marketing materials you can use!
What can I expect at the game?
There is so much happening at the games, but here’s a look at what you will see!
- RE/MAX booth – Our local RE/MAX liaison will have a booth where attendees have a chance to win an autographed bobblehead when they enter to win at the booth! Entries of those who opt-in will be included in our consumer research — improving future advertising campaigns!
- The Kidney Foundation of Canada booth – Attendees can visit the booth where they will be provided with information about organ donation.
- Ceremonial puck drop – Each themed game will begin with a ceremonial puck drop by special guests – including Cindy Cherry!
- Hockey Night in Canada-themed game-worn jerseys – Fans will have a chance to get special game worn Hockey Night in Canada themed jerseys through auction with their local WHL Club after the game. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to The Kidney Foundation of Canada, going towards local chapters of the foundation.
- Don Cherry-themed jerseys – In addition to the game-worn jerseys, attendees will be able to bid on two autographed Don Cherry-themed jerseys which have the name “Cherry” on the back. All proceeds from the auction will be donated to The Kidney Foundation of Canada, going towards local chapters of the foundation.
- Collectable bobbleheads – Attendees at each game will receive a scratch ticket when they enter the arena. Scratch tickets offer game attendees a chance to win a very special bobblehead commemorating 34 years of partnership on Hockey Night in Canada!
Note: This is a Regional GA initiative, therefore single agent or office activities in association with these games are not approved, as it would be unfair to other RE/MAX associates. In each market, a single RE/MAX liaison has been chosen to represent RE/MAX in their market.
How can I help promote this event?
In addition to your WHL team and RE/MAX of Western Canada promoting the game night, please help spread the word to make this the most successful season yet!
As a RE/MAX associate, this is your night! Take pride in your themed game night and its community cause. Here are some things you can do to promote your themed game night:
- Press Release – There will be a new press release from the WHL and RE/MAX in January communicating the continued support of this initiative. Watch for this press release and share it within your networks!
- Share on Social Media – follow your local team on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram), and repost their posts promoting your game night. Follow RE/MAX of Western Canada and repost our posts too!
- Plan to go! – Round up friends, colleagues, or clients and get to the game!
- Poster – Share the poster with your clients and encourage them to bring their family and friends to the game!
- Websites – if time permits, add logos and dates to your website!
All assets for your themed game night can be found via this Dropbox link.
Can I get discounted tickets?
Review your team’s Info Sheet by clicking on your team’s logo, there you can find information on discounted tickets for your market. If you’re serious about attending the game, be sure to purchase your tickets early as these games sell out fast!
Have any further questions?
Contact Alex Fullerton, Advertising Coordinator at the regional office – firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.800.563.3622.